1.02.2014

Christmas With The Hartz Family

The Saturday after Christmas we were off to Rick and Gail's to have Christmas.  It was an amazing day outside.  The kids got to go sledding and play in the snow after naptime.  I didn't catch any pictures of that as Kristin and I went uptown in Newton and did some shopping :)

We started our adventures with finding the pickle ornament.  I believe I've talked about the pickle ornament in previous blogs.  It's a tradition Rob has done in his family for as long as he can remember.  We are now teaching our kids how to do it.  They each got a turn to do it individually.  Then it was time for us kids to do it.  We're all pretty competitive about it even though we act like we're done.  Paige I guess is competitive as well because she started crying when Uncle Ryan won.  He wanted Mom or Dad to win.  I told her it was ok for Uncle Ryan to win because he never does HA!

My niece Sophie looking

Paige's turn

Tyler's turn

Here they all are with their prizes they won for finding the ornament.  TARGET GIFTCARDS!  Does their Grammie know where they all like to go or what?!


When I was loading the pictures on for this blog I realized I took a bunch of pictures of Rob's grandpa Virgil with Henry.  Henry absolutely loves Grandpa and Grandpa is pretty fond of him as well.  They could hang out all day together.  It melts my heart to see them together.  Virgil is one of the greatest men I know and is now so much a grandpa to me since I no longer have either of mine.



Here are the Hartz grandkids, including Snuggs trying to get in the picture





Just some of the Hartz men in my life


After pictures it was PRESENT TIME!!!







This is how Henry watch presents being opened.  Just all snuggled in with Great Grandpa


Paige was so excited to find out that she got a horse for her doll.  She was PUMPED.



Daddy and Henry playing


Everyone looking at all of their new loot


Such a great day with Rob's family.  Our kids play so well together and I'm thankful for that.  It's always great when Rob and Ryan get together.  Kristin and I have been known to have some fun as well.  Thanks Rick and Gail for letting our crazy come into your house, though I know you love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment