10.10.2015

Paige and the Broken Arm

Yep you read the title of this blog right, Paige broke her arm.  I told you this month has been busy.  I received a phone call Monday afternoon that said Paige needed medical attention while at after school care.  I had to basically pull from them what part of her needed medical attention.  They told me they thought she did something to her arm or wrist.  Once I got to the school I found her sitting in a chair with a splint on and ice on it.  She didn't have a single tear on her face, just looked like she was in trouble.  I took her to urgent care which the amazing nurse saw her and rushed us through as radiology was leaving for the evening in 15 mins.  We did some xrays, they poked around on it and figured out it was fractured.  Tuesday we went to get her cast put on.  She has what is called a buckle fracture in her left arm.  Basically she fell off the monkey bars and while trying to catch herself fractured her arm.  Did I mention she was on monkey bars for 2nd grade and above?  Yeah we've had some conversations about why there are rules in the world.  Getting her cast put on was a cool experience.  The nurse turned it into crafting and science with Paige which are two of her favorite things.  Paige was really into it.  I took some pictures while they were putting it on.  So it's a cast for 3 weeks and then we'll find out what the plan is from there.

Just us girls in the waiting room.  Sent this to Daddy to let him know she was being brave.


The start of the process.  Paige was leary at this point as she had been poked a lot that day and couldn't take much more.



Nothing like using your nice new shirt as a kleenex




All in all we ended up with a nice red cast.  It's pretty low on her hand so she can almost use all of her fingers normally.  It's now full of signatures from Kindergarten.


Of course last but not least, GO CARDS!!  Nice to win game 1 last night and we'll see what happens from here.  I've sworn to not put anything on social media as our friends are split between Cubs and Cards.  But my blog is fair game!!  Here are my little Cardinal fans watching the game last night, or Toy Story, but who's counting.  That's what's going on with us.  September was nuts, and October doesn't look like it's slowing down much.  Soon enough the holidays will be here.  Today we're off to buy our new car!  My Honda I bought in college will be leaving our family and joining a new family for a 17 year old who is getting his license.  We're super excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment