Well we made it until November 20th before it even got cold enough to snow, I feel like that's a win. I also know the first snow in Iowa brings a lot of mixed emotions for many people. I think on Friday I heard "its about time", "yay the holidays are coming" and "crap I hate this". I personally am one of the people who likes the snow. I don't mind everything that comes with it, until March when it's just dirty slush then I hate it. I love how happy Paige is when we tell her it's going to snow and when she goes outside to play in it. This year has been different though, Henry put on all of his snow gear w/out any tears and is currently outside running around with Paige. I think the days of me taking pictures of him watching from the window are over. Today is the first day that the kids have been able to get out. Friday we got called from daycare saying Henry has another fever (thankfully it's gone!) so we had movie night Friday. Saturday we went to Rick and Gail's to hang out and watch our Cyclones lose, it was really cold to be outside. So today the kids are out with Rob running around the back yard. I can here them yelling and laughing while I type this. We hope everyone is doing well. I'm inside cleaning getting ready for Thanksgiving. We're hosting again, but this year its a smaller group. Tuesday brings pie baking, Wednesday cleaning and shopping, Thursday we'll do 2 Thanksgivings, and Friday we're starting a new tradition I hope, we're going to Disney on Ice!! It's Henry's first show so I'm excited to see his face.
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! I know myself and my little family are very thankful for all of the support we receive from our family and friends! We couldn't do this crazy thing called life without everyone's help!!
No comments:
Post a Comment