Well 2 years ago today it was my due date. I would have already been to the doctor and already told that I was no where near going into labor. I would have already road the elevator with Rob crying because I just didn't think I could make it another week before they induced me. I would probably be about ready to update our shutterfly site to all of you wonderful people telling you that I was no where near having a baby. Listening to my Mom, sister and a ton of friends telling me that no one is pregnant forever and that Rob and I should go out on a date because it might be our last night as a parent. Which our date consisted of going out to eat and walking around the block as many times as I could. Well little did I know I would be in labor that night and this beautiful little girl pictured below would come into my life.
I can't believe she's going to be 2 tomorrow. I'm at home today from work preparing for her birthday party with all of our families tomorrow. I had a moment to sit down between the baking, cleaning, etc and I thought where did the last 2 years go?! 2 years ago there was snow on the ground and it's supposed to be 82 degrees tomorrow here in Iowa. 2 years ago we were living in our duplex just glad to be out of my Mom's, now we are blessed and so thankful for our amazing house and all of the space that comes with it. These last 2 years have been the best 2 of my life. Paige has completely changed Rob and I's world, and many times thrown it upside down. But I wouldn't change any of it!
Wanted to give a quick thank you to all of our family, friends, and co-workers who listen, give advice, and get excited about all the things we talk about. Especially lately with all of the potty training, terrible 2s, ear infections, and random sicknesses. We love you all so much and couldn't have done a lot of this with out your love and encouragement.
PS - I will make sure to do a birthday party update as soon as possible and don't worry there will be a TON of pictures!
awww, so happy to know you and your beautiful little girl! great post, nik!
ReplyDelete