8.26.2014

Weekend at Grandma's

So this past weekend Rob had a golf outing with his high school friends.  This is the 2nd of 3 weekends for Rob away this summer and so far we are 0-2 for them going smoothly.  I'm a little concerned about next weekend.

The weekend started with the kids and I coming home on Friday to pick Rob up for dinner.  He came out to the car and told me that our AC isn't working and that our house was at 80 degrees and climbing.  We went to dinner and tried to figure out what we were going to do with Rob leaving the next morning.  After dinner we went back home and decided it was too hot for the kids to sleep at our house.  I called my mom and told her we would be coming a day earlier.  Saturday mom, myself, and the kids went back to Ankeny to meet the AC guy.  We found out we had to install a new unit outside.  Man that was not what we wanted to hear.  Oh well part of being a homeowner.

The kids and I spent the rest of the weekend at my moms house just playing.  Paige got new legos and had a blast building things.  Sunday we all participated in the ALS ice bucket challenge that is going viral.  If you haven't seen this here are the links to our videos.  We did it as a nice way to cool off since our house was 85 degrees and it was close to 90 outside...YUCK!!




Let's hope next weekend when Rob goes to STL with Uncle Ryan we have better luck.  I'm taking Mom and Paige for their first IKEA adventure and Henry gets a night with Rob's parents by himself.





Just a little snack time...Paige set this all up for them

Paige asked me for a side ponytail and Henry got jealous that I was doing her hair


Sprinkler after doing the ice bucket challenge

Playing in the air conditioner box

No comments:

Post a Comment