Summerfest is an event in Ankeny that they do the weekend after the 4th of July. There are so many events and things to get involved in. This year my kids were asked to be apart of the parade for our daycare center. The kids were so excited to be able to pass out candy and be apart of the parade. I don't think they understood how hot it was going to be as well as how much walking they were going to have to do. I got nothing but great reports from all the girls from daycare however.
The exciting part was my sisters girls were in town spending the weekend with my Mom. So they were able to come up and cheer on their cousins and spend the day with us.
![]() |
| Carly even made them a sign |
After the parade we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Man do these kids love wings! Carly and Paige thought it was a good idea to get a wing challenge among the two of them. I mean who am I to tell them that it was a poor choice. I videoed it of course! I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did when I was watching them.
Then there is Elise with her chicken strips
We then were off to Living History Farms just us girls. These two road with me. We had a dance party in the car as well as a lot of singing.
I love when I get time to spend with my nieces. Those two are pretty great if I do say so myself.








No comments:
Post a Comment