12.11.2012

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow

Hello There!!  Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm trying to go back to taking more pictures and blogging for everyone.  We were home in Newton this past weekend.  My high school friends had our annual Thanksmas party (forgot to take pictures).  Rob and I had a blast and this Mama made it later then she thought she would.  Paigey spent the afternoon/night with Grandma Greta.  She had so much fun helping Grandma with her Christmas cards and playing piano.  We all got great sleep and when we woke up it was SNOWING!  Paige was so excited.  She started saying Santa is coming Santa is coming!!  So I guess we've been telling her that Santa wont be here till there is snow.  Way to go Mom and Dad because now we have to explain why there are no presents under the tree.  Oh well!  Paige was running around my Mom's driveway as we were loading the car she was so excited!  Then when we got home she asked Rob and I probably 40 times if she could go outside.  So after naptime Daddy took her outside.  They were out there for probably an hour, basically until it started to get dark and really cold.  She had a blast!!



New snowpants!!
 We also were able to see Rob's parents for a little while when we were home.  I don't know if I told you guys but Rob's Mom Gail had knee replacement surgery a week ago.  Everything went very well and the doctor said it was good timing to have it done.  After finally getting her pain meds figured out she is now home.  I can't believe how active they want her to be considering what she just went through, but it makes sense.  We found out Paige is going to be a really good mom and probably a nurse.  She was so involved in helping Grammie.  She was in their room helping Rick give Gail a shower and Gail said she was a great help and not in the way at all.  She was also making sure Gail had her water and a bowl of grapes.  She's so funny!!  Lord help us when this baby gets here she's going to be like don't worry guys I can do all of this for you!  We are praying for Gail to have a good recovery.  She's very determined to get full mobility back or as much as she can!  So keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Update about me since I haven't done one in a while.  The job is going great!  I am loving seriously every minute of it.  It's so much fun and I'm learning so much.  I feel like this is what I went to school for and it's great.  I told them when I interviewed I hate being bored and I love looking at the clock wondering how it became that time already.  Well that is happening and it's amazing!!!

As for the baby we're both doing well.  My next appointment isn't until December 31st and I'll be 17 weeks.  I have felt the baby move a couple of times now and it's nice to know that he/she is there.  As you can tell from the picture below it's a good thing I told work right away.  There is no hiding it anymore.  That picture was taken this morning and I am 14 1/2 weeks.  I think my belly is the same size as it was at 16-18 weeks with Paige.  But I still feel amazing so I can't complain about that.  I'm not overly tired.  I'm tired at night which is good because it makes me sleep.  I haven't been sleeping well so it's nice to get sleep every once in a while.  Next appointment will be a pretty easy one except I'm going to see if they will get me on the schedule for my csection date as Rob and I would like to be the first one of the day.  So fingers crossed on that.  Then the end of January is when we'll find out if it's a boy or girl!  I'm so excited!!  I'm ready to start working on the room and getting clothes out.  Might actually motivate Rob and I to get our stuff out of that closet!
14 1/2 week belly
Rob and Paige are both doing great!  Rob is busy at work as usual but he doesn't mind.  Paige is changing everyday.  She asks so many questions and talks so much.  The other night Rob looked at me and goes is this what our parents would call pay back?  I told him yes I think so.  So we have 3 "talkers" in our house.  Will be interesting to see what the next one will be like.  Paige is more and more interested on when this baby is coming.  She asks me all the time about stuff we need for the baby or when the baby is coming.  She's very concerned that Rob and I understand how things need to be done.  She told me the other day after asking me what we were having for supper that I need to make sure to cut the chicken very small for "her new baby".  The other day we were driving to daycare and she asked me if her new baby was still sleeping in my belly.  I told her yes the baby was still in my belly probably sleeping.  She then looks at me straight faced and goes, "WAKE UP BABY!!!"  I couldn't help but bust out laughing at her.  I didn't mean to but it was the cutest and funniest thing I've ever heard.

That is pretty much a long but much needed update on our house.  My nesting if you will has set in much earlier and after Christmas I will be cleaning out closets and getting things ready for this baby.  I couldn't be more excited.  Hope all is well with everyone.  I hope everyone has a great holiday season!!
Love you all!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the update and your belly is adorable! You're sure it's just one, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep just one baby....we did an ultrasound at 9 weeks and Rob made our doctor checked very close LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete