Well last week Rob was in MN for work. He was gone from Monday - Thursday night. Monday was pretty sad morning for us Hartz girls. Paige really wanted to go with me to take Rob to get his rental car. So we get to Enterprise and drop him off. I got out of the car to give him a hug and he gave Paige one while she was in her seat. Well he went inside and I looked in the backseat. I had a little girl who was so sad her daddy was leaving. She started bawling which got mom to have tears running down her cheeks. I ended up having to stop the car to go back and give her a hug to calm her down. Luckily the rest of the week was pretty easy. She slept really well, and we had something going on almost every night. Rob got home Thursday night and was exhausted. Friday night we didn't do much of anything, we were all tired. Saturday we hung out around our house and then had dinner with Rob's cousin Austin and his family.
We haven't seen the Smith's in a while, but it was so much fun to go over there and hang out. Paige and Mason have so much fun!! It's entertaining to watch a 2 and 3 year old. The two of them are so animated I was laughing so hard. Paige of course was loving on Baby Riley most of the night. Rob even got some good baby cuddling time in. It was so great to spend some time with them. Rob was able to get these amazing pictures of the kids and we have no idea how it happened. We didn't have to bribe them with anything!!
![]() |
| Paige and Riley |
![]() |
| Riley, Paige, and Mason |
Paige let us sleep in Sunday morning. She didn't say anything to us until 7:45! Mom and Dad were both super thankful for that. My friend Brittany and I wanted to go to Buy Buy Baby today and just look at all the fun baby stuff! Before I left I found Paige and her Daddy cuddling watching TV like this.
Once I got home and Paige got up from her nap it was time to play outside! It was so nice outside until the wind picked up. Paige did some bike riding and then played in the backyard. I can tell this summer is going to be a lot different as she actually just went off and played by herself in the sandbox and Rob and I were able to sit on the deck and just watch.
Tonight I was talking on the phone to my mom and sister while sitting in the rocking chair. I asked Paige to come in and cuddle with me. She decided that she was going to sit and read me books. It was so much fun to sit there and realize how much she retains from us reading. She's been such a big help with getting baby stuff ready. I did a lot of stuff this weekend and even felt very over whelmed and under prepared. But Paigey was right there with me going through bottles and pump parts, blankets and outfits. I'm feeling a little better about it all.
Best quote of the night from my daughter. I was getting her in her pjs and putting on lotion. The way I was sitting when the baby moved it felt really weird. I said watch it baby when he was moving. Paige looked straight at my belly and goes, "Baby, you be nice to mommy or you will go to time out when you get here." Rob and I just started laughing. I asked her if right when he gets here he has to go to time out. She said YEP!! I can see where this is going to go all summer.





No comments:
Post a Comment