5.26.2013

First Fishing Adventure of the Summer

Yesterday we went to Newton.  Rob has had the fishing itch since it got nice out and he promised Paige we would go fishing.  Well yesterday was about 50 degrees and raining all day.  I think I saw on the news this morning Newton got 5" of rain yesterday!!  When Paige woke up from her nap was about the only time it wasn't raining.  So we all decided we would head down and see if we could catch anything.  Rob and I had bought Paige some rain boots so she of course had to model them for me.


Mom and Paige fishing in style!

It may have been cold and we had to dress like it was winter, but we caught a decent amount of fish.  Here is Paige standing with Daddy after her first fish she caught that day.



Here is Mom and Dad enjoying a brisk day at the pond :)

So Paige basically fished with everyones pole.  She would just switch to whoever she thought was going to catch something.  When she used her own pole she would just drop the line right in front of the dock.  We all kept telling her we could cast it out for her but she said no I've got it under control.


I don't think anyone will doubt Paige and where she wants to drop her fishing line.  You'll see in this picture she caught a BIG fish.  She caught the biggest bass out of the pond yet.  She was so proud and Papa and Daddy were really impressed.  This bass was 13" and 3/4 lb.  Paigey talked about it all night!

I will leave you with a Paige quote.  So we were all sitting eating dinner last night and Rick was bugging Paige just like he always does.  Paige looked Gail straight in the face and said, "Your boyfriend is pretty annoying".  The four of us laughed so hard.  I think it might be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  Have I told you all how much I love having a 3 year old.

On the baby front we have 9 days left before surgery day.  Rob and I are getting antsy!  We'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment