I just wanted to give a quick update on Henry. Our little man is quickly moving forward in his mission to start walking. I picked him up from daycare on Friday. When I got there they put him down and he took about 7 steps to get to me. This Mama almost cried. He continues to take more and more steps. He's starting to choose to walk over sitting down and crawling. I know it's just a matter of time before he's off and running all over the place. I can't believe he's 10 1/2 months and we're already going down this road. We're getting his 9 month pictures taken this weekend, yeah we're a little late. But I just can't wait!
Another thing we have discovered about our little boy is he is allergic to eggs. I was home with the kids one night alone and made breakfast for dinner. I gave Henry some scrambled eggs and noticed he started getting hives. So I instantly took all of them off of his tray. I asked our pediatrician about it when we went to Paige's 4 year appointment. He told me he would feel a lot better if we went to an allergist. I of course being the person I am went to all worst case scenarios. I assumed they would test him for all foods, they would tell me he's allergic to everything. Our life as we know it would completely have to change. However on Monday we went to the allergist. He is an amazing guy and told us he's not here to make our life any harder. Since Henry already drinks milk, eats yogurt, eats toast, etc and tolerates it all well he told us no need to test for those. So we only tested for egg yolk and egg white. The doctor was very happy that Rob and I did not cut him off from things made with eggs in them because he doesn't have a reaction to those. So where we stand right now is we can't give him any eggs in whole form (scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, etc). But we can give him things like pancakes, muffins, cookies, etc that have eggs in them. So that's amazing! I don't have to read packages and worry every time he eats. We'll go back and get him tested again in a year. The doctor was pretty certain that Henry will grow out of this especially because he can tolerate eggs in things and only had a mild reaction when he had eggs. It's a best case scenario of what could have happened.
But our baby is no longer a baby it seems. He keeps getting taller and taller, he's still gaining weight but is thinning out. I actually put pants on them the other day that were too big in the waist. I don't think that has ever happened. Paigey still loves him more then anything. She loves that he's learning to do so many cool new things. She's loving taking him outside finally and showing him everything he can do. She is the best big sister to this little boy. Lets hope it continues into the later years of life HA!
We hope everyone is doing well. Our life is starting to get busier and busier. This is how we know spring and summer are coming. We have stuff almost every weekend. However this weekend we are home and I couldn't be more excited. I'm ready to clean up our house, finally get caught up on laundry and just enjoy the outdoors with Rob and our amazing kids!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment