So a month or so ago I posted an instagram picture saying that Rob and I were starting a project.
It started out fun like projects always do. Then it turned into a giant pain in the butt! But I'm so happy with the results. So I found a post on pinterest showing me how to make these amazing shelves. I showed them to Rob and he also loved them. We agreed they would make for a new entertainment center. We've been trying to find a way to rearrange our living room so the kids have more space. But that also meant selling our beloved entertainment center that was one of the first pieces of furniture we purchased together (not to mention it was so expensive). So after we agreed on a plan it was time to get started.
I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We have a few things that we are still working on. But here are some before and after pictures for you guys.
Here is my living room almost exactly 3 years ago. When it was easy to keep clean with only one kid.
Here is what it looks like now.
Here was the floating shelf that came with our house.
The shelf is now down and our hutch is there
Our living room
Our fun pop of color with a blue wall! I was so nervous when I painted it but I love it now!
Now our new entertainment center! This is our work in progress. We haven't put much on the shelves as we're kind of training Henry to not touch things on there. I'm hoping to find enough stuff to put on there to make it cute. Then just hope that cute little boy in this picture will leave it alone.
This is a close up of the shelf above the couch. I'm so happy that Rob could build these for me. It's just metal piping that I spray painted. Then Rob trimmed, sanded, stained and clear coated the shelves for me. As much as we both hated the process of this project we're already thinking of more. Including toy storage in the living room, storage in the kids closets. I'm sure we'll hate those too but love the outcome.





No comments:
Post a Comment