3.28.2016

Where Did A Month Go?

Well I just realized it's been a month since I blogged last.  I know a lot of you really love getting these so I'll get better at posting them again.  For whatever reason the blog wont automatically send to you so I'll continue to send the link via email so that it's still easy for you to look at it.

Well the weather in Iowa has been all over the place (not shocking).  On the nice days we try and get the kids outside to just run as much as they can.  We put the swings back up and decided it's time for Henry to be on a big boy swing, no more baby swing.  He thinks he is the coolest!  Now to teach me to hold on tight and keep his butt on the swing.  Paige can officially get herself started and pump on her own.  That is the most amazing thing she's ever learned I'm pretty sure.  I can't take pictures of her swinging anymore though because she goes too fast.



About three weeks ago we had a round of strep throat go through our house.  Paige got it first and stayed home from school before spring break.  Henry got it next and it was the first time he's ever had it.  So movie night happened a little differently at our house.  Henry had to stay in bed and Paige wasn't allowed to come into his room except right inside the door..


Henry's newest obsession is hitting baseballs off a tee in our backyard.  That kid is really athletic.  We are able to toss him a ball and he can drop kick it really far.  Just need to get that boy outside! 


Rob and I went on a DIY terror around our house.  While Rob installed closet organizers into the kids closets, I decluttered both of their rooms.  Man does it feel a lot better!




Paige finished product

We also turned Henry's room into a big boy room.  His bed is up on the frame, no more rocking chair and he's got some toys in his room.  Man on man does he love it!






Rob and I are still working out at 4:15 AM.  It's pretty much the only hour and a half that we have without other people in our world.  It's been a lot of fun to lift weights together.  Henry joins us some mornings and likes to show off his muscles.


As much as I dislike getting up early with Henry on the weekends, I'm going to miss them some day.  Nothing better then planning the weekly menu and grocery lists while watching cartoons with this cute little man.


Friday night we celebrated Rob's birthday with friends.  We watched our Cyclones in the Sweet 16 and had to say good bye to this young man.  It was tough to watch the seniors, but they played their hearts out.


Life hasn't slowed down and I guess we've quit waiting for it to.  The giant declutter of our house has been amazing.  Helps to only have a few things to put away at night instead of seeing piles of stuff everywhere.  Paige is loving kindergarden, can't believe her year is almost over.  She also turns 6 on Thursday.  She gets to have her first friend party so stay tuned for a blog about that.

But I'm going to close.  I have a little boy fighting yet another fever.  We can only assume it has to do with the molars that are fighting their way in.  Wish us luck on getting some sleep tonight, good thing it's our off day on working out.

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment