9.14.2018

First Day of School

Well holy crap we have 2 kids in school?! Where does the time go? My baby went to kindergarten and he is loving every minute of it. Dropping him off for the first time was so much different then dropping Paige off. Henry was waving at his teacher through the door and barely had time to tell me good bye. Yes I got a tear in my eye but quickly told myself to pull it together and look at how happy and excited he was. He is still loving it and is still completely exhausted at night. First couple nights walking home I had to carry him the 4 blocks home from school.



Then there is this girl. Man when did she become some grown up. She is in 3rd grade this year. She is loving her teacher so far and is adjusting to not having any of her close group of friends in her class. She is loving having Henry at the building with her. It's been fun to watch how she handles him. I think like most younger siblings without her he would be in a world of hurt. I have had to reminder her that he is a normal kindergartener, they forget things we just have to work on them being responsible. But she's got a big heart and really just wants to help.


This right here is two parents excited we don't have a daycare bill anymore. Yes our kids still go to after school care, but with no full time daycare and no before school care that is a BIG savings. Also yes we are aware the money will just go to something else (trust me we're paying for a soccer club). But I think we're also just pretty proud we made it through the baby phase of kids. We officially have two school age kids! Some things have gotten so much easier around our house and new challenges some everyday. But I know one thing this crazy guy and I are in it together!


The walks to and from school and my favorite part. They tell me so many things and it just makes my heart so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment