9.14.2018

Our Crazy Summer

Man this summer was nothing short of crazy! I'll try and cover everything that I can just to update everyone on what's been going on in our world.

Paige is now part of a soccer club (wow that escalated quickly). She has a HUGE love of playing the game and is really excited for practice and games. We spend a lot of time out at our sports complex for her as well as Henry with tball in the summer.


This was after one really hot night at the fields. Henry had a tball game while Paige had soccer practice. This mom forgot to bring shorts for Henry to change into, so that means when you get to the car they both take their shirts off and we crank the AC!


We spent many hot days at Grandma Pat and Papa Gary's swimming in the pool. My kids really should learn how to relax a bit haha.




Rob and I were so lucky and we got to see Hamilton when it came to Des Moines. Man was that an amazing show!


4th of July was spent at home this year since it was in the middle of the week. Rob shared his love of fireworks with the kids. Many snacks and sparklers were done.



Then there was my sneaky day in August. My sister and her kids came into town to hang out with my mom. They were planning on going to Adventureland and I didn't want to take one of my kids without the other, Henry isn't big enough to ride many things, you get the point. So I took the day to be Aunt Nik! It was so much fun to spend time with these three, Heather and my mom. I didn't have to be a mom that day, I didn't have to worry about anyone. I just road a ton of rollercoasters, realized that the rides are getting old just like me, and that I needed to see my chiropractor after being there. But man was it one of my best days of the summer!

Carly (Heather's oldest)

Elise (Heather's middle)

My buddy Colin (Heather's youngest)

Last ride of the day, Mom and I were dying laughing. The girls had us ride it multiple times in a row.

We also spent a weekend in Kansas City. We had so much fun! Friday we went to Legoland and the aquarium. We then spent the rest of the weekend with Rob's cousin Kyle and his family. We did a KC Royals v STL Cardinals game. Paige LOVED it. We watched batting practice, we saw a lot of homeruns. Henry was not so sure about it all haha but thankfully they have a kids area that we visited around the 6th inning.








Another big thing was my baby finished preschool and had his last day at daycare. This is the daycare we have gone to for 8 years. I still remember the first day I took Paige and now the last day I took Henry. It's been really weird to not go there in the morning, or to see all of the girls. But he is loving every minute of his new life. 

Maybe I should update you guys on my new life. I'm going to try and keep all of this positive as now that I've had some space from it all its been a very positive change in my life. When we returned home from Disney I was told that I no longer had a job. I had worked for that company for almost 6 years. I will tell you I learned a lot about myself there, I've grown up there, and I'm a totally different employee then I was when I first walked in that door. So I spent the summer spending time with my kids and talking with Rob trying to figure out what my next step was. I was then connected with someone through a mutual friend and the rest is history. I am now an Executive Assistant for Jenny Moats Real Estate! I am currently working from home and loving every second of it. I get to do things that I have never been able to do. I walk my kids to and from school everyday. I pick Paige up for soccer that starts at 5 (why do they do that to working parents) and no one is stressed out. We have time to get her something to eat get her changed and we're not running around like chickens with our heads cut off. The exciting thing is I have had time to put into William & Noelle (my etsy business) and have been working on growing that over the summer. I know everything happens for a reason and after some reflection I'm really glad this thing did. 

So if you are looking to buy, sell, or invest in real estate in Des Moines or the surrounding area let me know!!


No comments:

Post a Comment