11.27.2012

Hartz Family Chaos

Hello there family!  Well once again some of you are aware and some of you are not.  On November 1st I was let go from my current employer.  It was a shock to me and I was very sad.  However I believe God had another plan for me as today I just accepted and picked my start date for my new job and I couldn't be more excited!!

The story starts 2 days before I was let go.  One of my best friends told me about her company she works for and how I would be an amazing fit for them.  I told her that due to the cute little baby growing in my belly I wasn't going to leave my current job.  Two days later I was let go from my job.  Rob took that Friday off and we created a game plan for our family as sadly this is not my first rodeo looking for a job pregnant.  My sister has jokingly informed me I cannot have anymore babies and I totally agreed with her.  My friend called me that day and said please get me your resume ASAP.  So I went home updated my resume and got it to her and her boss immediately.  Flash forward a week or so and I had two interviews back to back and was offered the job a couple days later.  I got the call today that everything is finalized and I start on Thursday.  I think I'm still in shock haha.

I'll be working for a marketing company (FINALLY!) in Des Moines called Sundog Studios.  Their huge client is Hy-Vee.  They do all of their ads, shelf signs, etc.  They do the entire process from photographing, making the food to assembling and printing the ad.  I couldn't be more excited to finally be in a marketing company.  I'm starting out as an assistant to the two art directors, but there is a career path for me.  They are very excited that I have a degree and a marketing degree at that.  I have NEVER had anyone care that I have a marketing degree let alone that I went to college.  So wish me luck as I jump into this new adventure!!  Rob and I are very excited and also thankful that things worked out so quickly.  Now we can move forward and prepare for this little baby!

2 comments:

  1. I love how God always has perfect timing! Good luck with your new job- sounds like it will be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! Everything happens for a reason!

    ReplyDelete