10.09.2013

Field trip with Paige - by Rob


A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to join Paige's pre-school class on a field trip to the apple orchard.  I agreed to go and had no idea what I was getting myself into!  I decided to meet the class at the orchard as Paigey decided she wanted to ride in the big van with all of her friends.  I got to the orchard a few minutes before the van arrived, but I could hear Paigey yelling "Daddy!" the second the van pulled in.  As I expected, I was one of 2 dad's on the trip but the other mom's were great.  The staff at the orchard were great.  We had our own host that showed us around and kept the kids entertained the whole time.  Below is the first attempt at a class picture.  The kids seemed really excited to take the picture....



The rest of the time we spent looking at the goats, going on a hay rack ride, and play on my arch nemesis - the "pillow".  Half way through the hay rack ride Paige was asking if we were done yet and pretty much every kid agreed.  Apparently riding around in an empty pumpkin field with painted pictures of animals isn't very interesting... Who knew?



Paigey and her friends checking out the animals.


Dad making his best attempt at a self portrait.


Apple tasting time!  Paige ate all of her's and some of mine.  That kid loves apples!


This is my nightmare.  We have been to this orchard once before.  Paige really wanted to play on this large "pillow".  All I remember from last time is Paige crying because she couldn't get up the pillow and then crying when she couldn't stand up.  I quickly jumped on to "save" her and ended up being bombarded by little kids and ended up on the ground more than Paige.  This time around I was smart enough to let the teachers climb on.  The kids had a blast and Paige was only crying because she was laughing so hard!




At the end of the trip, we had to go to the store to get their famous cider donuts.  Paige was tired so her and her friend Fenley decided to park it on some hay bales.  Fenley has been with Paige since they were babies and she is just a doll.


The last attempt at a class picture.  The first set were great until we realized we were missing a kid.  No big deal right?


Paige wouldn't let me leave until I took her picture of her in "old people" clothes.

After we were done with the field trip I surprised Paige and drove her home with me.  The rest of the day was just Paigey and Daddy time.  After nap time (for both of us) we headed to one of her favorite parks.  Of course she got bored because all of the other kids were in school.  Apparently Dad is only cool by himself for a little bit.


Who doesn't love the wind in their hair?


She loves this slide.


So how did we end this awesome day?  Well by getting some frozen yogurt!  Paige always ends up with more fruit than yogurt, but I'm not complaining.  We talked to Mom on the phone for a little bit and decided she needed some yogurt too so we ran down to her work and brought her some.  Paige loves visiting Mommy at work and everyone their adores her.  All in all it was a great experience for me and one I will never forget.  I'm sure there will be more field trips for me in the future and I can't wait!  

This was my first blog ever and it only makes me appreciate what Nikki does even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment