11.18.2013

Turning 30

Well I did it...I officially turned 30.  Not that I had any choice in the matter.  I would like to say I turned 30 with style haha.  Saturday was one of the most fun days I've had in a long time!!  Our weekend started with Rob and I taking the kids to Newton (Thank you again Rick and Gail!).  We then went home and celebrated in our usual style.  We got Chinese food and watched a movie.  It was nice to be able to eat dinner together and not have to worry about Henry or if Paige is eating.

Saturday after getting to sleep until I wanted to sleep and taking my time getting up and getting ready.  Rob and I went and had breakfast at a fun restaurant downtown.  Then we were off to meet up with our friends.  Graham and I went shopping all day.  We had so much fun together getting to be out w/out our kids.  We then met up with the boys and went to check into our hotel.  At the hotel all of our friends met up and it was off for our night.  When I got to our room the Embassy Suites left me a present.  They left a bottle of wine and a cheese and cracker plate.  I was so excited!!

We had drinks with friends and played a card game before dinner.  Then we went to dinner at a restaurant downtown.  There were 19 of us celebrating my birthday.  I'm so lucky that 19 of us were able to get together just to celebrate my birthday.  We were treated amazing by the restaurant.  We had champagne for everyone, they brought me a cake and sang happy birthday, and then they paid for my meal.  So fun!  The night was then followed up with adventures to different drinking establishments all around our hotel.  We all learned we are not as young as we thought we were.

Thank you to my amazing husband for putting the whole day together.  He planned everything so well and I didn't have to worry about a thing.  It was amazing!!  Thank you to all of our friends for coming out to celebrate.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to spend my day with!

Here are some pictures from dinner.  The color is not good on them since the restaurant was so dark.

Robby and I

Graham and I

Kelly!!

This is the face of a 30 year old who learned the hard way she was no longer 21

My amazing friends Tom and Kelly made me a beer cake!

Once we picked the kids up I found out someone got really good at something over the weekend...WE HAVE A SITTER!!  He's not even 6 months old and is already sitting and playing so well.  Where did the time go?  He's also working on getting some teeth which is about 6 months sooner than his sister got them.  But it's causing cold after cold after cold.  Mom and Dad would like some sleep soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment