Well family and friends it's happened....Henry is 9 months old. I'm so happy and sad all at the same time. I'm excited for the summer where I'm sure I'm going to have a little boy who is running. You see Henry is already pulling up next to things. He's already letting go just to see if he can stand by himself and he does stand by himself for a little bit. He's doing things at a pace much faster then his sister. Mostly because he wants to go with his sister. Those two are just head over heels in love with each other and I can't ask for anything more then that. I walked into daycare this morning and they started talking to me about changing his schedule again to adjust to eating TABLE FOOD. Then she started prepping me for when they take his morning nap away and he goes to one big afternoon nap. All of the emotions I had of when this happened with Paige all hit me as I walked out the door. When he's in the next room at daycare is when Paige started sleeping on a cot, starting eating at the table and got rid of her binkie. I think this is the first time I've actually just stopped and been like where did time go. I've been so excited for him to do stuff that now I'm like holy moly. But I was just talking to a friend of mine who has a 4 month old. I was writing stuff and I thought Nik take your own advice. Babies are constantly changing, I know this already since I have an ALMOST 4 year old. I'm telling you though I love this little buddy. He's 100% on the move. He's fast and into everything. I guess that's what having a boy is, right? But I wouldn't trade him for anything. I mean look at that face!! Ok sappy moment over, WOW.
Ok, 9 month appointment stats. He weighed in at 25 lbs and 30.5 inches long. Our doctor was so thrilled to walk into the room and see Henry standing next to something and then take off crawling. He told us most babies he sees Henry's size don't want to do anything. Their content with just hanging out (According to his grandma his Dad may have fell into this category when he was little). So we are supposed to start table foods, start working really hard with sippy cups to prepare for whole milk. That's right people 3 months left of buying cans of formula!!!
We hope everyone is surviving what feels like a never ending winter. We are all very ready to get outside and play.




No comments:
Post a Comment