1.22.2013

Sewing Lessons


So I'm hoping this little machine and I can become better friends.  My friend Jenn's mom owns a quilt shop and has made me some amazing things when I was pregnant with Paige.  She made me a diaper bag and pillow cases for my nursing pillow.  She's fantastic.  Her and I bonded when Jenn's daughter was in the hospital for her open heart surgery.  Lee and I could get each other cracking up over some pretty dumb stuff.

Anyway, on Saturday I took my sewing machine to her quilt shop for help.  I have owned the machine since October 2007 (I found the receipt inside my manual).  I have not ever been able to figure the thing out.  As Graham pointed out to me it's supposed to be super user friendly and adjust itself.  I just laughed and said I know that's why I bought it!  Lee messed around with it and found out it was NOT user error!   I couldn't have been more excited to come home and rub it in Rob's face that it wasn't my fault that I didn't take classes, it just needed a little help.  So Lee fixed it and now I'm ready to go!  I have some projects I found on pinterest that I want to try for the baby.  So after Jan 29th and I find out if this is a boy or girl kicking the crap out of me in my belly.  I am going to hopefully be a sewing machine!!  I will keep everyone posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment